Discover the grandeur of Spain on a guided visit to the Monastery of El Escorial and the Monument of the Valley of the Fallen, in the morning, and one of the Spanish cities with the largest number of monuments, Toledo. On this day trip, you will see the history of Spain, from the Roman era, with the aqueduct of Segovia, palaces, buildings that housed up to three cultures, Christian, Muslim and Jewish in Toledo.
A perfect option to enoy a full day tour mixing the Monastery of San Lorenzo de El Escorial gettting amazed by the spectacular views from the Valley of the Fallen and have an afternoon in Toledo, all accompanied by our expert guide. Tickets included !!
Starting from our headquarters, we’ll drive for approximately one hour to San Lorenzo de El Escorial to show you the inside of the Monastery, built in the sixteenth century under the command of Felipe II, the Royal Palace, Pantheon of the Kings and the Infantes, Chapter Rooms, Cloister of the Four Evangelists and the Basilica.
After about ten minutes by bus, we’ll go to the Valley of the Fallen, where you will appreciate the colossal cross over 150 meters high, the Basilica and Crypt excavated in the rock of the mountain and of course, we will enjoy spectacular views of the Sierra Madrileña.
Upon return to Madrid, the activity ends close to Plaza de España with Gran vía. Time for lunch (optional). Our tour guide will give you the mmeting point to continue to Toledo.
After approximately one hour journey, we will start with a walking tour through the historic center of the city, considered a National Monument and declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It has magnificent examples of architecture from different eras and styles: Mudejar, Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque ... that left as a legacy the different cultures and civilizations that lived within its walls. You will discover with our expert local guide these and other details of this wonderful destination.
- Tour guide (bilingual)
- Air conditioned bus transport
- Entrance and guided visit to the Monastery.
- Entrance and guided visit to the Basilica.
- Toledo Walking tour
- Entrance and guided visit to Santa María La Blanca Synagogue
- Entrance and guided visit to Santo Tome’s church
- Visit of a Damascene handcraft workshop
- Entrances to not specified monuments.
- Hotel drop off.
- Arrive ten minutes at least before tour departs
- Don’t forget to bring your camera and comfy shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Tour ends in Madrid center at Plaza España next to Gran vía Street.