The Church of St. Andrew (Iglesia de San Andrés), is one of the most primitive of Madrid parishes.
It exists since the twelfth century, and seems to have been built on the site where once there was another church on times of the Islamic Madrid. This area was known as the neighborhood of The Moorish Mudejar or “La Moreria”.
This church was frequented by San Isidro Labrador, patron saint of Madrid, and his wife of Santa María de la Cabeza.
In 1669 renovation works where concluded Juan de Lovera and Sebastian Herrara Barnuevo. At the beginning of the Civil War in 1936, this church was burned and had significant damage inside, which was faithfully rebuilt in 1986-1990 through a rigorous research.