The photo shows the Thyssen-Bornemisza museum in the Villahermosa Palace, at the corner of Paseo del Prado, with Carrera de San Jerónimo.
The Thyssen Bornemisza Museum is named after the Thyssen family, who began collecting art since 1920.
In the 80s, what was considered the largest private art collection in the world, was donated to the Spanish government.
In 1980, the Villahermosa Palace was acquired by the state, and hosted several exhibitions from the neighboring El Prado Museum, however, as part of the agreement between the Spanish State and the Thyssen family, the building was converted to host the new museum.
The museum opened on October 8, 1992, and in 2004 was expanded to house the most valuable core of the Thyssen-Bornemisza Collection of Art.