The Convent of Santa Maria de las Dueñas in Salamanca, was founded in 1419 to house the nuns of the Dominican Order.
The original building, was donated by Doña Juana Rodriguez Maldonado, with the intention of creating a place of worship for the noble ladies. This gave the convent, the nickname of Las Dueñas (The Owners).
It was built in Mudejar style, which still can be seen. Over the years some parts of it were modified, so that the convent is now a mixture of styles, that include the Renaissance cloister, the Gothic church, and the Spanish Plateresque.