The “Campo del Moro”, is a 49 acres park located in the western part of the Palacio Real. It is the area that goes from the palace, down the slope towards the Manzanares River, and it is one of three gardens, surrounding the palace.
After the first attempts, by King Philip II (1527-1598), the final impetus for the realization of the gardens, was conducted in 1844, by the architect Narciso Pascual y Colomer (1808-1870).
The Campo del Moro is inhabited by numerous species of birds like the peacock, pheasant, dove, and pigeon.
In these gardens grow about 70 species of trees. Some of them have more than 150 years. The main ones are one Aleppo pine tree that stand over more than 33 yards high, a redwood, and two yews.Tags:andando, caminando, campo del moro, campo del moro, city of madrid, españa, europa tower, foto, fotos, gardens, mahou tower, neptune, palacio real, paseos turísticos, peacock, royal palace, travel, turismo, walking tours